NISSEY CO., LTD. ( herewith ”NISSEY”, “we”, “us” and “our” ), asks you for certain personal information in order to provide various services to you. NISSEY will adhere to our guidelines on the protection of personal information, as well as the relevant laws and regulations, and conduct the collection, use and management of personal information in a responsible manner.
Definition of Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
NISSEY will collect personal information fairly and appropriately, and not through any false or dishonest means.
Use of Personal Information
NISSEY will use the personal information that we collect for the purposes listed below.
When NISSEY need to use personal information other than for the purposes listed below, we shall obtain prior consent from the individual concerned.
- To provide various services
- To respond to various inquiries
- To provide information on products, services and campaigns offered by us;
- To conduct market research and investigate analytics that are relevant to the products and services offered by us;
- To verify information on financial service accounts and also to check the related transactions; and
- To serve any other purposes that are to any of the aforementioned purposes of use.
Safe Handling of Personal Information
NISSEY will take appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss or defame of personal information and to ensure its safe handling.
Management of Personal Information Entrusted to Third Parties
NISSEY will obtain the consent of those customers in advance when it intends to provide any personal information pertaining to its customers to a third party. However, except in any of the following cases, unless it is permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or another applicable law:
- If NISSEY contract a third party to handle personal information, in whole or in part, to an extent that is necessary to achieve the specified purposes of use, provided that NISSEY properly supervises the third party pursuant to the applicable law; or
- If our business operation including provision of personal information is succeeded by a third party due to a merger, company split, business transfer, or any other reason.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless otherwise specified by laws such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, NISSEY will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual concerned.
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
If NISSEY receive a request for the disclosure of personal information from the individual concerned, we will do so to an appropriate extent within a reasonable period of time. If NISSEY is unable to confirm the applicant’s identity at that time, we will not comply with the disclosure.
If there is an error in the personal information that we hold and we receive a request for the correction, addition, deletion of information, NISSEY will conduct an investigation and respond to the request promptly. If NISSEY is unable to confirm the applicant’s identity at that time, we will not comply with the request.
- The accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in the website is not guaranteed.
- The information contained in this website or accessible through the website is not guaranteed to be free of computer viruses or spyware.
- NISSEY will bear absolutely no responsibility for any damages incurred due to use of the website. Please use the information on this site at your own risk.
Discontinuance of Utilization on Personal Information
If you request us to discontinue utilizing or to erase your personal information on the grounds that your personal information is being handled in a manner that exceeds the scope of the purpose of utilization publicly announced in advance or because your personal information has been acquired through deception or any other wrongful means, NISSEY will carry out any necessary inspection on your personal information without delay and, on the basis of the results, discontinue utilizing or erase your personal information and notify you to that effect. However, this may not apply unless we are obligated to discontinue the utilization on your personal information by the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws.
Cookies and use of other technologies
NISSEY may use a Cookie and other similar technologies. These technologies are useful for us to comprehend the status of use of our services and will contribute to the improvement of our services.
You can choose not to accept cookies on your computer by adjusting your browser settings. Settings are adjusted differently dependent on which type of browser is in use. Be aware that if you decline cookies, you also disable many internet functions and services.
Disclosure on Personal Information, Objections, Complaints, and any other Opinions related to Privacy
- If there is a need to request on disclosing on personal infomation, filing objections, complaints, and making any other opinions related to privacy, please directly request through https://www.nissey-sabae.co.jp. Once the details on the request has been checked, NISSEY will respond by an e-mail in order to treat appropriately.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ( EEA ), you have certain data protection rights under General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR ). Please contact through https://www.nissey-sabae.co.jp as it is stated above, for using the right of GDPR. If the request has not been treated appropriately, you will have the right to file objections to supervisory authorities.
Changes to This Policy
The contents of this policy are subject to change. Changes to the policy will come into effect when they are posted on the website.
The copyright for the contents of the website belong to NISSEY. Unauthorized reproduction of the information on this website is forbidden.
December 17, 2018